All of us at the Bone and Joint Institute of Tennessee want to assure you that the health and safety of our patients, doctors and staff is our No. 1 priority as we continue navigating the COVID-19 outbreak. As safer-at-home restrictions are lifted, we are preparing to resume elective procedures.
As we welcome patients back into the Institute for elective procedures, we are closely following CDC recommendations to keep you and your family safe. There are several ways to stay healthy and help prevent further spread of the virus as you begin returning for elective procedures. These are the precautions to keep in mind as you prepare for your next appointment:
- When you arrive for your appointment, we will be taking your temperature with a non-contact thermometer and will be asking you questions about any symptoms of the virus that you may be experiencing, if any. We ask that you comply with this safety screening and answer all questions honestly.
- We highly recommend wearing a mask when you come in for your appointment. It does not have to be a medical-grade mask. You can make one out of cloth or fabric in your home, as long as it is clean and covers your mouth and nose.
- It is still important to practice social distancing and remain 6 feet apart even when wearing a mask. This includes spaces like waiting areas, check-in desks and elevators. We also recommend staying home as much as possible before and after your appointment to limit contact with potential carriers of the virus.
- We continue to request that all patients refrain from bringing visitors to their appointments unless they are a minor or in need of assistance.
- If you notice you have a fever or any symptoms of COVID-19, we ask that you reschedule your appointment and call our office to discuss next steps. A full list of symptoms is posted on the CDC website.
Our staff also has developed a protocol to ensure a safe and healthy environment for you and all patients visiting our facility. These are the steps we are taking to help prevent the spread of the virus at the Institute:
- Per the CDC recommendations, doctors and staff are wearing face masks, and we are deep-cleaning of our facility regularly.
- We are limiting the amount of furniture in our waiting rooms to maintain social distancing guidelines and restricting the number of patients each of our doctors sees each day.
- Upon arrival, all patients will receive a safety screening of COVID-19 symptoms, including taking each patient’s temperature using a thermometer that does not touch the skin.
- Our team continues to post resources and updated information to our website and social media pages, including additional safety precautions and tips to avoid pain when working from home.
If you have any additional questions about the safety measures in place at our facility, please call our office at (615) 791-2630 orclick here to read our COVID-19 frequently asked questions.
Thank you for understanding and following our guidelines to help slow the spread of the virus. We hope you are staying safe and well, and we look forward to seeing you soon.Share this Article