Find a Doctor
Geoffrey “Geoff” Watson, M.D.
Foot And Ankle, General Orthopaedics and Fracture Care, Sports Medicine, Kids and Teens
Accepting New Patients
Bone and Joint Institute of Tennessee
4323 Carothers Parkway
Franklin, TN 37067
Phone: (615) 791-2630
Fax: (615) 791-2639
University of Tennessee Health and Science Center, Memphis, TN
University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS
Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY
Geoffrey Watson, M.D., is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon specializing in treatment of the foot and ankle, including total ankle replacement and minimally-invasive Achilles tendon rupture repair. Dr. Watson has a special interest in bunion correction, Achilles tendinitis and repair, cartilage repair, and ankle stabilization. He is a graduate of the University of Tennessee and a native of Knoxville. In 2009, he received his medical degree from the University of Tennessee Health and Science Center, and then completed a residency at the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson. Dr. Watson continued his fellowship training in foot and ankle at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York, NY, and has assisted in orthopaedic care for the Ole Miss Rebels, New York Knicks and New York Giants. He treats a variety of additional conditions including ankle and foot fracture fixation, tendon reconstruction and tendon transfer, ankle and foot arthritis treatment, midfoot sprains, hammertoes, and flat feet or high arches.
He is board certified, a member of the AOA Honor Medical Society, American Medical Association, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, and American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society. Dr. Watson is certified for the Vantage Total Ankle, STAR Total Ankle and INBONE II ankle replacement systems. He has been a team physician for Page High School and Fairview High School, and is the current team physician for the Franklin High School Rebels. He and his wife have four children.
- AOA Honor Medical Society
- American Medical Association
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society (AOFAS)
Articles featuring Dr. Watson:
Dr. Watson Scientific Publications:
- Surgical Treatment for Stenosing Peroneal Tenosynovitis.Watson, G. I.,Karnovsky, S. C.,Levine, D. S.,Drakos, M. C.
- Optimal Starting Point for Fifth Metatarsal Zone II Fractures: A Cadaveric Study.Watson, G. I., Karnovsky, S. C., Konin, G., Drakos, M. C.
- Radiographic Evaluation of Intermetatarsal Angle Correction Following First MTP Joint Arthrodesis for Severe Hallux Valgus.McKean RM, Bergin PF, Watson G, Mehta SK, Tarquinio TA
- Clinical and MRI Donor Site Outcomes Following Autologous Osteochondral Transplantation for Talar Osteochondral Lesions.Fraser EJ, Savage-Elliott I, Yasui Y, Ackermann J, Watson G, Ross KA, Deyer T, Kennedy JG