Find a Doctor
Colin Looney, M.D.
Sports Medicine, Hip Arthroscopy, Hip/Knee Replacement and Preservation, Shoulder and Elbow, Kids and Teens, General Orthopaedics and Fracture Care
Accepting New Patients
Bone and Joint Institute of Tennessee
3000 Edward Curd Lane
Franklin, TN 37067
Phone: (615) 791-2630
Fax: (615) 791-2639
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, 2001
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, 2001-2006
Steadman Hawkins Clinic, Vail, CO, 2006-2007
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Piedmont Orthopaedic Society
- International Society of Hip Arthroscopy
Articles and Speaking Events Featuring Dr. Looney:
- Hip Arthroscopy | The Bone and Joint Institute of Tennessee
- Innovative Hip Procedures: The Bone and Joint Institute Offering Total Labral Reconstructions of the Hip
- Joint Effort Symposium speaker – “Predictors of success in hip arthroscopy”
- Nashville Lifestyles Top Doctors Nashville
- Nashville Medical Professionals: An Interview with Dr. Colin Looney
- Medical Professionals Nashville
Dr. Looney’s Scientific Publications and Videos:
- Dr. Looney demonstrates a tendon release following total hip replacement
- Dr. Looney demonstrates an ACL Reconstruction utilizing an Achilles allograft and interference screws
- Colin G. Looney, MD, Brett Raynor, MD, Rebecca Lowe, PT, COMT. Adhesive Capsulitis of the Hip: A Review. Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Vol 21(12): 749-755, 2013.
- J.W. Thomas Byrd, Colin G. Looney. Pelvis, Hip, and Thigh Injuries. Netter’s Sports Medicine 48: 404-416, 2010.
- Easley, Mark MD; Looney, Colin MD; Wellman, Samuel MD; Wilson, Joseph MD. Ankle Arthodesis Using Ring External Fixation. Techniques in Foot and Ankle Surgery 5(3): 150-163, 2006.
- Colin G. Looney and Peter Millett. Rehabilitation for Rotator Cuff Tears. Minerva Ortopedica E Traumatologica 58: 125-35, 2007.
- Li Zhang, Colin G. Looney, Wen-Ning Qi, Long-En Chen, Anthony Seaber, Jonathan Stamler, James R. Urbaniak. Reperfusion injury is reduced in skeletal muscle by inhibition of inducible nitric oxide synthase. Journal of Applied Physiology 94: 1473-1478, 2003.
- Colin G. Looney, Li Zhang, Wen-Ning Qi, Long-En Chen, Anthony Seaber, Jonathan Stamler, James R. Urbaniak. Ischemia/Reperfusion in Skeletal Muscle is Reduced in L-selectin and CD18-Deficient Mice. Extended abstract published in the Surgical Forum, Volume LI, October 2000.